Where Should You Host Videos For Your Membership Site?
Most memberships in the online space feature some form of video content.
But the question of where to host these videos continues to confuse many membership site owners.
In this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast, I delve into the 6 main options you have for hosting your membership videos and give my definitive recommendation (as well as what the absolute no-no is when it comes to video hosting)
- Why it’s important to use a purpose-built video host rather than simply using a file hosting company
- What are the implications of storing video files on your own website host or server?
- Are those unlisted videos on YouTube really as protected as you thought they were?
- Our number one video hosting recommendation for membership owners.
“Video file sizes are usually a heck of a lot bigger than images, PDF’s and other types of files and, if you’re hosting those video files on your own server it’s also going to slow your website down. You’re going to be taking up a lot of bandwidth when people watch your videos and that’s going to affect other areas of your site, it’s going to affect load time and performance.”
“When you use a proper video host, their servers are not only fine tuned for the sole purpose of serving up video fast and without problems with buffering but also, when you upload the video file itself, it gets optimised to reduce the file size as much as possible without spoiling the video. So, this means less storage taken up, this means videos load quicker, they perform better and it’s overall a much better experience for the people viewing the video.”
If you liked this, you’ll really dig these:
- How Much Does it Cost to Start and Run a Membership Website?
- Using Video to Add a Personal Touch to Your Membership Site
- Amy Schmittauer on Building Authority through Video Marketing
- Tools We Use for Our Own Membership Website
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode