5 Options For Starting a Membership BEFORE You’ve Grown Your Audience
We’re constantly banging the drum on how important it is to have an established audience BEFORE you build and launch a membership.
However for some people the temptation to rush headfirst into their membership is just too strong.
Truth is that if you haven’t built an audience that you can mobilize and monetize, you’re going to find it an uphill struggle trying to get your membership off the ground.
But it’s not all doom and gloom. In this podcast, I share 5 options you have if you’re wanting to build a membership before building your audience.
- The importance of validating that there actually IS a market for your idea and that you’ve done your research
- Why it’s worth delaying your plans to focus on building an audience first (and what we did to prepare for our own membership launch)
- The 3 different options you have for accelerating your growth
- Alternative products you could create that would make more sense than a full-blown membership at this stage of your business
“On a scale of 1 to 10 how confident are you – without any self delusion – that there is an audience out there who will put their hand in their pocket and pay for your membership?”
“Rather than running head first into creating a membership – mapping out specifics of your site, building it, getting into the tech side, hiring web developers and all of that – seriously consider giving yourself three to six months to actually grow your audience first. Trust me, it’ll pay massive dividends.”
“Consider starting out with a product that caters to a smaller number of people. Something that’s intimate, that you can charge more for, that can be a starting point where you can then spin off a membership either as an evolution of that programme or as an additional product; and then you work the two against each other, upselling to one, downselling to the other…”
If you liked this, you’ll really dig these:
- Should You Launch a Membership Site Without First Building an Audience?
- 4 Tactics for Accelerating the Growth of Your Membership Audience
- Where to Look when Building an Audience for Your Membership Site
- 10 Must-Listen Podcast Episodes for Launching Your Membership Website
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode