The State of Social Media Marketing with Mike Stelzner
Social media marketing has changed dramatically over the past few years.
From the rise of live video, to the huge drop-off in organic reach for Facebook pages. New platforms launching and disappearing seemingly overnight. It can be hard for the busy membership owner to keep up.
Mike Stelzner is a man with his finger on the pulse of social media marketing. As founder of Social Media Examiner and the man behind the largest conference in the industry – Social Media Marketing World – he’s the first port of call for experts and influencers worldwide when it comes to whats working right now in social media.
In today’s episode of The Membership Guys Podcast – I talk to Mike about the current state of social media marketing, and chat about how he uses social media and content marketing for both his conference and Social Media Examiner’s own membership website.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Whether it’s still possible to market organically on social media, or if it’s now all about paid advertising.
- The increased importance of storytelling in content marketing, and how Social Media Examiner are using this in their own strategy.
- How to monetize your social media following, and where most people go wrong.
- Why Social Media Examiner are focusing more on their own membership, and how they use their conference to grow it.
- Social Media Examiner
- Social Media Marketing World – THE annual conference of the social media marketing industry
- “The Journey” – a documentary taking you behind the scenes as Mike and his team work towards a lofty goal for business growth
- Social Media Marketing Society
Related articles about social media marketing for memberships:
- 11 Ways Membership Site Owners Can Leverage Social Media Groups
- 5 Ways Membership Site Owners Can Capitalize on Facebook Live
- Facebook group vs Forum for your membership community
- Amy Schmittauer’s 5 Top Tips on Building Authority with Video Marketing
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode