Using Segmentation to Increase Leads and Member Sales
Are you trying to be all things to all people with your content?
The truth is, the more broad your content is, the less compelling, relevant and effective it's likely to be for the individual reader.
By trying to cater to everyone, you end up catering to no-one.
This is where segmentation can be a gamechanger.
By identifying 3-5 key segments within your audience, and tailoring not only your content but also your lead generation strategy, your sales funnel and your email marketing to those segments; you can move the needle right across all the important KPI's in your business.
More traffic, more leads and ultimately more membership sales.
- Why trying to help everyone with your content results in you actually helping nobody!
- The 3 main options for segmenting your audience, and how they apply to memberships
- How to apply segmentation to not only your membership site, but also your content and sales funnels
- Examples of how we use segmentation in our own business, and the dramatic results it's had
“Nobody in the history of the internet has ever got excited about the prospect of subscribing to a newsletter.”
“Segmentation can bring you more traffic, more leads, and ultimately, more membership sales, because it ensures that your content is going to be more relevant to the person reading it. It ensures that the call to action you then give that person to subscribe your email list, is more specific to their needs. And then the messages you follow up with are more tailored to the things that they're going to be interested in. And that makes the idea of joining your membership far more compelling, because it feels like a much more personal solution to their specific problem”
“You can take segmentation further once someone actually joins your membership. You can use that information to personalize the new member experience, to determine what content you recommend and so on. Again, this helps them to really feel like they've made the right decision.”
Enjoyed this episode? Check these out…
- Lead Generation Essentials for Membership Site Owners
- Marketing Tactics for Attracting New Members
- Tools for Creating Your Membership Sales Funnel
- 5 ways to leverage the forgotten pages of your membership site sales funnel
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode