How to Attract New Members by Running a Free Challenge
Most memberships are focussed on helping people to reach a goal or achieve some sort of positive outcome.
Whether you enable this with courses, worksheets and tools, community or something else – it’s the result that matters.
Running a free online challenge as part of your audience building and lead generation strategy taps into this in a big way and as a result can be one of the most effective tactics for attracting new members.
If you run a challenge that helps people get a specific outcome; then not only are you delivering value but you’re also proving that you’re capable of helping them to get results; and that’s an extremely compelling motivator for joining your membership for anyone wanting to take the next step towards achieving their larger goals.
In this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast, I share a lesson taken directly from our Building an Audience course where we talk specifically about running an online challenge to grow your membership.
In this episode, I discuss:
- What makes free challenges such an effective way of promoting your membership
- How to plan and deliver your own free challenge
- Strategies for generating membership sales from challenge participants
- How you can REALLY leverage your challenge content and use it to create additional marketing assets
Related articles about growing your membership audience
- Where to Look when Building an Audience for Your Membership Site
- 11 Ways Membership Site Owners Can Leverage Social Media Groups
- Using an Online Summit to Launch Your Membership with Yann Ilunga
- How to Generate Email Leads for Your Membership Site
Member Site Academy – Extra
Access your “Building Your Audience“ course in the Member Site Academy.
Discover how to find, research and engage with your market in a way that grows your following, generates leads and ultimately gets more membership sales.
Not an Academy Member? Click here to learn more
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode