Running a Membership over the Holidays – 6 Things You Should Do
As the year draws to a close and many inside your membership and your wider audience will be in a festive mood, what sort of things should you be doing as a membership owner?
Whether you’re a Christmas fanatic or a modern day Scrooge – the festive season brings with it a few unique opportunities for your membership business.
In this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast, I talk about 6 things you should do in your membership over the holiday period.
- Creating “year end review” content – what we do at The Membership Guys, and some ideas you can try
- The importance of taking time away from your membership over the holidays
- Reviewing your achievements in the past year and setting goals for the next 12 months
- How the festive season affords you more opportunities for promotional campaigns
“The holidays are a great time to run a promotional campaign. Whether it’s a discount, bonuses, some sort of event marketing like a summit or a challenge; the festive theme gives you a lot of fun elements to play with that you don’t get the chance to tap into at other times of the year.”
“Make sure you’re communicating clearly to your members and to your staff when you’re going to be available, what they can expect. That’s going to make dealing with customer service and handling your community so much easier during the holiday season.”
“Please, please take some time away from your membership site over the holidays. You shouldn’t be answering forum posts between forkfuls of Christmas dinner. Take time off. Relax. Have fun.”
Enjoyed this episode? Check these out…
- 10 Most Popular Episodes of The Membership Guys Podcast in 2016
- 10 Most Popular Episodes of The Membership Guys Podcast in 2017
- The Advent Calendar plugin we use on our site
- Why It’s Important to Take Time Away from Your Membership
- Using Offers and Promotions to Attract New Members
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode