Daily Sales from Psychology Driven Emails with Rob & Kennedy
With a background in psychology, hypnosis, entertaining and influencing, Rob and Kennedy, owners of The League of Email Marketing Heroes are no strangers to the membership world.
In fact, they both run successful memberships for their diverse range of businesses.
In this week’s episode of Behind The Membership they’re sharing the story of The League, a membership that teaches entrepreneurs how to turn their marketing emails into profits using psychology.
During this episode they share how they’re taking ownership of the email marketing space, growing their membership successfully starting with little to no audience, why they choose to send psychology driven daily emails and how 95% of their member conversions come via email.
Plus they share how they manage their time effectively while running all of their businesses, why they’ve chosen not to adopt the closed-door enrolment model and how their top lead magnet isn’t actually a lead magnet… And much much more.
About Rob and Kennedy
Rob Temple, Hypnotist, Marketer and Penguin Lover
Born in London before moving to Sunderland in the North East of England as a young child, Rob always wanted to be one of the cool kids. So he took up learning Magic as a hobby. Go Rob! Despite not understanding why this kept him from the popular tribe, he went on to win multiple awards as Young Magician of The Year at The Magic Circle.
After performing close up magic at weddings and children's parties he saw a hypnosis show and convinced his Dad to pay the hypnotist for mentorship. This lead Rob to moving to the Greek island of Kos for a number of summer seasons where he hypnotised and entertained thousands of tourists in his infamous shows.
Realising that these gigs won't keep knocking on his door, Rob decided to apply his skills to marketing himself which lead to him performing all over the world in places like The Seychelles and for events for royalty. While sitting around the pool waiting to perform, Rob started accepting offers from marketing companies and coaches to help them apply his skills to their businesses and quickly saw the results he was getting for them.
Kennedy, Psychological Mind Reader, Creative and Theatre Lover
Refusing to do PE at school, Kennedy spent extra curricular time in anything and everything to do with the theatre. Amateur dramatics where he played parts in the likes of The Railway Children and Oliver meant that whenever there was a choice in school, he'd choose the theatre. His mother discovered his entrepreneurial flare when she emptied out his school trousers to find the 50p coins he'd been collecting from the other kids in exchange for writing excuse notes so they could skip. school. Naughty Kennedy.
After seeing someone on TV memorise a deck of cards, Kennedy became obsessed with the potential of our minds and this lead him to study influence, body language, micro-expressions, misdirection and memory. He combined these skills with his natural wit (or as his mother calls it, his ability to ‘think his way out of anything' into an after dinner show.
Since many of the clients who booked him were large corporations like Yahoo!, Mars, Tarmac and Royal London he spent a lot of time in departure lounges and hotel rooms waiting to perform. He used this time to coach other entertainers on how to grow their businesses by applying his skills to marketing.
Listen in to hear about:
- What made Rob and Kennedy move from selling products using an affiliate program to the membership model.
- How they launched their membership ‘quick and dirty’, announcing it in quite a unique way and involving prospective members at every stage of development, from creating a name to picking the colours of their logo.
- Content vs value: How Rob and Kennedy have changed their stance on adding content to the membership to reduce overwhelm for members and make things easier to implement.
- How they’re taking ownership of the email marketing space using psychology driven daily emails to create a constant flow of new members, with 95% of their sales coming from email.
- How they’re using a podcast, free Facebook community and email marketing strategy to grow their membership – after starting with little to no audience in the space.
- Time management: How Rob and Kennedy manage this effectively to ensure they run all of their businesses efficiently.
- How they’ve grown their membership to a stage that it now pays for their software business, ResponseSuite.
- Why their top lead magnet isn’t actually a lead magnet.
- Their pricing strategy to date, why they base price increases on member numbers and the price increases they have in mind for the future.
- The challenges they face onboarding and retaining their members and their plans to overcome that.
Connect with Rob & Kennedy:
- Email Marketing Heroes.
- Email Marketing Show
- Join The Email Marketing Show Community on Facebook
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode