Negotiating Member-Only Perks and Special Offers
Most memberships will consist of two things – premium content (such as courses and tutorials) as well as community.
While the quality and depth of those elements will vary greatly from site to site; it does mean that when your potential member is considering several options for sites to join it can be hard to tell the difference between memberships which appear to essentially be offering the same thing.
This is where going that extra mile to provide added value to members is key to standing out from your competition – and one of our favourite ways of doing this is to offer exclusive member-only perks and offers.
In this episode I discuss this further as well as provide my tips on how to approach vendors to negotiate deals for your membership.
In this episode, I discuss:
- How offering perks can set your membership apart
- What sort of things could you try to find member-only offers for
- The specific strategy we use for approaching vendors to negotiate deals and offers
- How we deal with companies who can’t offer permanent perks
Get more help with attracting and – more importantly – keeping members:
- How to Attract New Members Without Feeling Like a Sleazy Marketer
- 4 Ways to Ensure That Your Members Will Stick Around
- 5 Types of Content that will help Build Member Engagement
- 21 Quick Tips for Improving Member Retention
Member Site Academy – Extra
Access your “Maximizing The Member Lifecycle“ course in the Member Site Academy.
Practical, proven strategies for improving member acquisition, onboarding, engagement and retention to attract more members who stick around for longer.
Not an Academy Member? Click here to learn more
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode