Going the Extra Mile for Your Members with Mike Collins
In this episode Mike Collins from The Green Room joins Callie to kick off Season 3 of Behind the Membership.
Mike runs his membership site alongside his wife Carina, and over the five years and thousands of members that they've had, they've crafted an amazing community of people, connected by their Irish ancestry, all over the world. One of my favourite things about this membership is the underpinning sense of community in everything that Mike and Carina do, and the special touches they have to really make their members feel connected and part of something.
Listen in to hear all about that and more, such as how Mike manages to travel around the world creating living history for his members. And of course you'll hear about some of the challenges along the way too, like finding the right team members and learning how to attract members on a consistent basis.
Listen in to hear:
- How the membership became a full time business that enables Mike and his wife Carina to work together
- Why they spend money to bring to life individual members ancestry despite it being a low cost membership
- How the community has flourished and created amazing connections between members around the world
- The surprising impact that the membership has had not just for Mike but for his members too
- How travelling around the world has become an integral part of their membership
- The challenge of hiring the right people and fixing mistakes quickly
- How Mike utilises bonuses and special offers to move people into action
- How they achieve a churn rate of 3.5 – 5% per month and why members choose to stay for the long haul
- Why enjoying what you're doing is so important for long term success
- How Mike makes use of membership levels and tagging to encourage and reward engagement in the community
- The value of creating a bi-monthly magazine to further engage members as well as promote the membership
- The power of running live in person events for establishing even deeper member connections
- And more!
Connect with Mike:
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode