How Much Content Do You Need to Launch Your Membership?
The launch of a new membership site can be a nerve-wracking time, and adding to that anxiety is the question of whether you have enough content to open your doors.
Is there a set amount of content that a membership site needs to have before you release it to the public? What content should you be creating and how do you know when to say “when”?
In this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast I tackle this question, and provide my top tips for approaching content creation as you gear up for launch.
As well as looking at the key things to consider when thinking about your membership launch content, I also discuss specific examples from our own membership – the Member Site Academy; and provide insight into our specific approach to content creation as we were preparing to open our doors.
It’s easy to get sucked into the trap of grinding out high levels of content just so we can say that we offer the most course, tools, resources or whatever other widgets we have on the market – but as membership site owners, especially ones who are getting ready to launch – this is absolutely the wrong approach and the wrong mindset.
In this episode, I discuss:
- Why you’re taking the wrong approach when it comes to thinking about content
- How identifying your member “avatars” is the key to figuring out which content you need to create for your launch
- The approach we took in the Member Site Academy to decide which courses we needed to launch with
- Why it’s worth holding some content back until after your launch
Get more help with planning your membership launch:
- How to get your membership up and running in record time (mentioned in this episode)
- 5 mix and match strategies for a successful membership site launch
- Lessons learned from the launch of the Member Site Academy
- Can you launch a membership site without an audience?
Member Site Academy – Extra
Access your “Creating a Rock Solid Membership Platform“ course in the Member Site Academy.
Ensure you build your membership site on a solid foundation and with the right tools, software, site structure and development.
Not an Academy Member? Click here to learn more
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode