How to Add an Online Forum to your Membership Website
I regularly talk about how your members will join for the content, but they’ll STAY for the community; and that’s something we see reflected in every successful membership site we’ve been part of.
But what options do you actually have for creating your community from a technical standpoint? How do you add an online forum to your membership?
In this episode I talk more about the importance of community, forums in particular, and discuss the various routes you can go down to add one to your website.
In this episode, I discuss:
- How adding a forum gives your passionate members a space to engage with others
- Why community is a vital asset for membership sites
- Examples of WordPress plugins and stand-alone software that you can use to create your forum
- Why a Facebook group isn’t an adequate replacement for building your own community
Resources mentioned in this episode
- IPBoard (we use this for our awesome forum inside Membership Academy)
Learn more about online forums and membership communities
- Why you should add a community to your membership site
- 12 Proven tactics for starting a new membership community
- 5 Options for adding a forum to your membership site
- Facebook group vs online forum
Membership Academy – Extra
Access your “Maximizing The Member Lifecycle“ course in the Membership Academy.
Practical, proven strategies for improving member acquisition, onboarding, engagement and retention to attract more members who stick around for longer.
Not an Academy Member? Click here to learn more
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode