Should I Host My Membership on a Separate Domain Name?
Choosing which domain name to host your membership site on should be a simple decision.
But it’s easier said than done – as evidenced by the fact that this question comes up perhaps more than any other in both our free Facebook group and our own paid membership.
Essentially it comes down to hosting your members:
- On your main domain name
- On a separate website
- On a subdomain
And when you dig into it, it’s understandable why people struggle with this choice – as where your membership lives has greater implications than you might realise.
In this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast – I drill down into the pros and cons of each of these choices and give you all of the info you need to make your decision.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The main implications of where you choose to house your membership site
- Pros and cons of hosting on your main domain name vs a separate site vs a subdomain
- Example situations that will affect your choice of where to host your membership
- How this applies if using a hosted third-party platform like Thinkific or Kajabi
Related articles about building your membership:
- How Much Does it Cost to Start and Run a Membership Website?
- It’s Time for a Reality Check about Membership Site Tech
- What to consider when deciding where to house your membership site
- 8 Questions to Ask Before Purchasing Your Membership Plugin
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode