Learning to Love the Membership Model with Kim Jimenez
In this episode of Behind the Membership, Callie is talking with Kim Jimenez from The Business Lounge, a membership site for online business owners.
Kim has had her membership for nearly two years now, and in this episode she discusses how she didn't initially want to create a membership site, what changed that opinion, and how starting one has actually transformed her business and life.
Kim also talks about how she is using YouTube, webinars, and trials to attract new members, and why she has both a Facebook group and an onsite forum for her membership community, and how she balances the two.
We also delve into work life balance and burnout, why a successful membership site isn't just about adding content, and much more besides.
Listen in to hear:
- How Kim launched her membership as an experiment and in just 4 weeks, after initially resisting the idea
- Why she decided to go against what her audience were telling her they wanted
- The challenge of learning not to take cancellations personally
- The importance of bringing in members with the right-mindset for your membership
- Learning to take a step back, setting boundaries between life and business and the importance of avoiding burnout
- How having a membership site makes you more relevant and able to relate to your audience
- Using YouTube, webinars, introductory courses and trials to attract new members and grow the membership
- How and why Kim has brought her husband into the membership site as well
- Using a challenge to get members engaged in the community right from the start and the framework Kim uses to retain members
- Why she has both a forum and a Facebook Group for her membership community and how she distinguishes the two
Connect with Kim:
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode