Doubling Your Member Base During a Pandemic with Katie Wardrobe
Katie Wardrobe from Midnight Music, a membership specialising in helping music teachers with technology, is the final guest for season four of Behind the Membership.
Midnight Music has been running for 4 years now and while it has always been successful, Katie has managed to nearly double her member base during the current pandemic, even though she has actually been focused on providing more free content and resources for her audience during this time.
In this episode we talk about how Katie has started providing her previous member only webinars for free each month, attracting thousands of attendees each time, her experiments with creating live courses to keep members engaged and boost sales, and why she reduced her price during the pandemic.
We also talk about the increased challenges involved when schools are paying for a teachers membership, how Katie engages her members by answering forum questions via video, hiring a content manager to keep her free content on track and much, much more!
Listen in to hear about:
- How Katie ended up specialising in a very niche market and her evolution from in-person workshops and courses to an international membership
- Why Katie reduced her price and started offering more for free when the pandemic started, and how that has increased her growth as a result
- The challenges involved when your members are getting a school to pay for their membership
- Why Katie has started making her member only webinars freely available to attend live, and how they are attended by 1000s as a result
- How Katie responds to member posts in her community via video, and the effect this has had on engagement
- Combining a membership with in-person training and how this works to help grow the membership and provide price price anchoring
- Using free 5 day challenges to grow the membership and testing creating courses live as a way to promote the membership
- Hiring a content manager and the other team members that help Katie to work as efficiently as possible, particularly when it comes to creating free content
Connect with Katie:
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode