Jeff Goins on Monetizing your Skills and Creativity
We’ve all come across the concept of the “starving artist” – the notion that to pursue creativity and artistry is to sacrifice any hope of making money. Jeff Goins is on a mission to dispel this myth.
Many successful memberships are built around the skills and passions of their founder; however we’ve seen time and time again in our community that in more traditionally “creative” industries there can be a little resistance to the idea of monetization – almost as if to do so would be “selling out.”
In this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast, Jeff Goins breaks down where this whole idea came from and how you can shake this mindset and effectively monetize your skills and creativity.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Where the whole idea of the “starving artist” originated from; and the surprising truth about how wrong it is!
- How you can shake limiting mindsets around monetizing your creativity
- How Jeff Goins uses his books to sell digital products
- The 3 steps anyone can take to start monetizing their skills
Get more from Jeff Goins
Want more? Check these out:
- 3 Benefits of Creating A Membership Site
- Pat Flynn’s 6 Key Tactics for Validating Your Membership Idea
- Carrie Green on Conditioning Yourself for Membership Success
- 6 Things Membership Site Owners Need to Stop Worrying About
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode