Janet Murray on How to Get Media Coverage for your Membership
It’s easy to assume that mainstream media coverage is the domain of celebrities, huge businesses and crazies claiming to know where the aliens took Elvis.
As such, most membership site owners don’t even think about trying to use PR to get their story out there, as they see traditional media as out of their reach.
In this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast, I’m joined by Janet Murray who not only explains why this isn’t the case but also gives advice and tips from her 15+ years in journalism on how you can attract media attention for your membership site.
Many membership sites revolve around their founder or founders positioning themselves as an authority on a given topic or in a specific market; and attracting media coverage can be invaluable to establishing and strengthening that credibility.
Even if you’re not running an authority-based membership, chances are you have a story to tell that it would benefit you to share with the world.
This interview is packed with actionable advice and tips that work, from someone who not only has been in the industry for a decade and a half, but also helps countless businesses and individuals to get media attention too.
If your business would benefit in any way from media coverage, then this really is a can’t-miss episode.
In this episode, Janet Murray and I discuss:
- Where traditional media fits into the current marketing mix for membership owners
- What sort of thing journalists are looking for, and why it’s not what you think it is!
- How to overcome fear that you or your business are not interesting enough
- Janet’s easy to implement tips for making yourself more attractive to media outlets
- How to build relationships with journalists and find opportunities for media coverage
- … and a whole lot more!
Find out more…
- Purchase Janet’s Book: Your Press Release Is Breaking My Heart
- Janet’s blog, services and products
- Join the free Soulful PR Facebook group
- Follow Janet Murray on Twitter (and tell her how much you enjoyed this episode!)
Member Site Academy – Extra
Access your “Maximizing The Member Lifecycle“ course in the Member Site Academy.
Practical, proven strategies for improving member acquisition, onboarding, engagement and retention to help you to attract more members who stick around for longer.
Not an Academy Member? Click here to learn more
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode