How to Set Boundaries with your Members
One of the more challenging changes that comes with moving to the membership model is dealing with the increase in how many people are contacting you and vying for your attention.
Supporting hundreds or thousands of members can certainly take its toll and becoming uncontrollable without procedures and a solid approach for dealing with handling communication.
In this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast I talk about how you can set boundaries and expectations in order to ensure your membership remains manageable.
It should go without saying that if you think a membership isn’t going to involve work that you’re mistaken – but that doesn’t mean that handling member communications has to take over your life!
Having a solid strategy for supporting members and enabling communication is key to the long term success of your membership site. Establishing boundaries enables you to better and more effectively serve your whole membership base, so it’s key to put these into place early.
In this episode, I discuss:
- The counter-intuitive way to reducing messages and communication from members
- Why it’s crucial that you to set boundaries and manage member expectations
- How to handle members mis-using communication channels to try to get 1-2-1 consultation or advice
- How to turn frequent member requests into a feature of your website
Get more help with managing your membership and improving engagement:
- How to Handle Customer Service for Your Membership Site
- 4 Ways to Ensure That Your Members Will Stick Around
- 5 Types of Content that will help Build Member Engagement
- 12 Proven Tactics for Starting a New Membership Community
Membership Academy – Extra
Access your “Maximizing The Member Lifecycle“ course in the Membership Academy.
Practical, proven strategies for improving member acquisition, onboarding, engagement and retention to attract more members who stick around for longer.
Not an Academy Member? Click here to learn more
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode