How Do I Know That I’m Delivering Enough Value in My Membership?
It can be difficult to judge whether or not you're delivering enough value in your membership for the price you wish to charge.
That's mostly because “value” is an abstract concept.
There is no scientific formula behind it; it's not something you can accurately measure – it's entirely subjective, based entirely on individual perception.
So how do you know if you're getting it right? It is even possible to know?!
That's what we're tackling in this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast.
- What ‘value' truly means in the context of online memberships
- The most common mistakes people make when pricing their membership and assessing what it's worth
- Questions you can ask yourself to get a better measure of whether you're delivering enough for what you're charging
- What do your members care about most, and how does that factor in to their perception of the value your membership offers
“Too many people think that delivering value as a membership site owner is all about how much content you put out there. And so they get into this strange sort of content ‘arms race', where they think that to be the best and to beat their competitors, they just need to put out more content than other people are. But, no one joins a membership because it has the most ‘stuff'!”
“What problem do you solve? If you can't figure that out, that's a warning sign that you're not fully tuned in to what your members need and what the purpose of your membership is. That usually leads to a disconnect when it comes to customer perceived value, because they're thinking of value in a very, very different way to how you're thinking about value.”
“If you have a membership that is very heavily based around access to your expertise, but people do not know, or do not value who you are, then they will not deem having access to that expertise as being something that is valuable; certainly by comparison to having access to the person they do view as the ‘go to' expert in their industry.”
Enjoyed this episode? Check these out…
- 4 Simple But Effective Ways to Deliver Massive Value to Your Members
- How to Decide Which Content Should Be Free vs Paid
- Are You Undercharging For Your Membership Site? Probably Not…
- How Much Should I Charge For My Membership Website?
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode