How to Create Amazing Educational Content with Colin Gray
When it comes to creating membership content, it can be easy to get sucked into the “numbers game”, focusing on churning out quantity rather than quality.
Your members join because they have a result they want to achieve, a problem that needs solving; so it's important to make sure that the content you create helps them to get to where they want to go.
In this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast I'm joined by Colin Gray from ThePodcastHost.com. Not only does Colin help to teach people how to get the most from podcasting, but he's also got a PhD in Online Education; so I really enjoyed discussing how to make your membership content effective and truly educational.
This is a very actionable episode and Colin was kind enough to share plenty of golden nuggets that will help you take your membership to the next level; so you'll want to grab a pen and paper for this one…
In this episode, we discuss:
- The biggest mistakes people make when creating content, and how to avoid them
- Colin's tips on how to plan and structure your membership content to make it more effective for your members
- Why Colin thinks podcasting is such a great medium, and his advice on making sure your podcast stands out from the crowd
- The simple changes you can make to get more people consuming your content and taking action
- …and much more!
Find out more…
- The Podcast Host – Advice, Courses and Services for Podcasters
- Free Course: Launch Your First Podcast Episode in 5 Days
- Follow Colin Gray on Twitter (and tell him much you enjoyed this episode!)
Related articles and resources about membership content
- How to Avoid “Hit and Run” Members (mentioned in this episode)
- Why Every Membership Owner Needs to Focus on Improving their Content
- Why Membership Site Owners Should Publish a Podcast
- John Lee Dumas on Using Podcasting to Grow Your Membership
- Creating Your Membership Content
Now it's over to you…
What one thing are you going to do to improve your membership content, using the advice Colin shared in this episode?
Perhaps you're going to strip the audio from your most popular courses and offer it for download to your members. Maybe you're going to add an activity to your next live training session? Whatever it is you decide to do, we want to hear from you. Tweet us @membershipguys or post your “one thing” in our free Facebook group.
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode