Planning Your Content For The Next 12 Months with Janet Murray
Most online memberships involve content.
A lot of content.
Not only are you creating content for your membership, but often you’re blogging, podcasting or creating videos as part of your marketing strategy too. It can be a lot to handle!
That’s why it’s crucial to have a solid plan for your content production, so you know well in advance what you need to create in order to schedule accordingly and avoid constantly doing everything at the last minute.
In this episode I’m joined by Janet Murray to discuss how to plan an entire year’s worth of content, and the tips and tools you need to help you stay on track.
- A step by step walkthrough of Janet Murray’s content planning process
- What sort of things should you be considering when it comes to deciding which content to produce
- The importance of ensuring your content marketing is aligned with other aspects of your business
- Why repurposing your content should be a key part of your marketing strategy
“Stop putting out content for the sake of it – ask ‘what’s the call to action?’ What do I want people to do this week? If I know we’ve got a master class coming up in my membership in a particular month, I could put a bite sized version of that out as a podcast episode and then say, ‘if you want to get the full class, then you can join my membership'”
“Each week becomes a theme that is centered around that single core piece of content. Rather than trying to do two or three different things every single week, which is just going to get overwhelming for you and for your audience”
“When you start putting out regular content, I do think you’ve got to be kind to yourself because it does take a little bit of trial and error. You have to try things and sometimes with blog posts or podcasts, the things that you think are going to really land, sometimes they don’t.”
More advice from Janet Murray:
- Janet Murray’s website
- Janet Murray on How to Get Media Coverage for your Membership
- Creating a Successful Membership Ecosystem with Janet Murray
Enjoyed this interview? Check these out…
- Repurposing Your Membership Content with Amy Woods
- How to Streamline the Production of your Membership Content
- Simple Ways to Create Membership Content From Things You’re Already Doing
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode