Building a Legacy by Creating a Membership with Chris Ducker
Chris Ducker joins Callie in the final season 3 episode of Behind the Membership to talk all about his membership site Youpreneur Academy.
Chris already had several successful 7 figure businesses before starting Youpreneur Academy four years ago, and here he talks about how his desire to create a legacy and help others achieve success led to him creating his membership in the first place.
Chris also discusses how the positioning of the membership and its place in his ecosystem has evolved over the years as he’s added additional features like a live event, new book and round table mastermind, as well as new projects he has on the horizon.
And Chris talks about how he spent 12 months testing the closed door model, and why he wouldn’t do it again. How organic marketing and content is the key to their new member sales, and what he’s doing to achieve a five to 6% retention rate, including the importance of growth records in his community, and why he’s stopping his monthly member q&a call.
Plus, Chris reveals that he spends just three hours a week on the membership on average! Listen in to find out how.
Listen in to hear about:
- What drove Chris to start YouPreneur in the first place and how he sees it as his life’s work and legacy
- Why Chris ended up narrowing down the focus of his membership site despite a successful launch and how doubling down on the YouPreneur brand has made a big difference to results
- How Chris spent a year testing the closed door model for his membership before deciding it wasn’t the approach for him
- The challenge of ongoing marketing and how organic content marketing has been the difference maker in getting regular new members
- How the focus on the membership and it’s place in the business has changed as Chris has grown his YouPreneur ecosystem
- Why Chris is moving from a monthly live call for members to a pre-recorded show instead
- How YouPreneur members contribute content for both the membership and the public YouPreneur site
- The option new members get over choosing their own adventure or having a 12 week email series and roadmap to follow
- How having ‘growth records’ as part of the members forum increases member results as well as inspires other members
- The team Chris has helping him with the membership site, including his wife and daughter, and the different roles each team member has
- How the time Chris spends on the membership site each week has changed from 30 hours to 3 hours
- Why showing up is the key to membership success and what Chris would do differently if starting again
Connect with Chris:
Chris is also our closing keynote speaker at our upcoming Retain conference!
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode