Launching Quickly in a Global Crisis with Caryn Liles
Caryn Liles from the Centre of Canine Education is this weeks guest on Behind the Membership, and while her membership is only a few months old she is a great example of what’s possible with memberships, even when you have to launch quickly and in a market that you may not think is a fit for online training. Because when COVID-19 first hit earlier this year, Caryn could have easily thought the worst when she had to close her brick-and-mortar dog training business down overnight.
Instead, she chose to pivot quickly to an online membership model for both her existing clients and a wider audience as well. And it’s been such a success that she isn’t even sure if she’ll open up her physical business again.
In just a few months having a membership has quite literally been life-changing for Caryn, giving her more time, less stress and a better work-life balance than she ever thought possible.
Click play above to hear all about it!
Listen in to hear about:
- How Caryn had to completely shut down her popular and well established brick and mortar dog training business due to Covid19
- Transitioning to an online membership model and how Caryn dealt with existing in-person customers
- Why Caryn has an initial higher cost and 3 month commitment that then drops to a low cost monthly rate and how she has reduced the number of tiers on offer
- How Caryn and her members are embracing live training and feedback and how it is allowing more support than in-person work
- Why Caryn offers 15 minute discovery calls to potential members, and has an incredible 100% conversion rate from them
- How running a paid training each month and giving members free access helps with retention
- Why Caryn set firm boundaries to only be available to members Monday to Friday right from the start
- And how the membership has helped Caryn achieve a work-life balance she never thought possible, and how she may not re-open her brick and mortar business as a result
Connect with Caryn:
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode