Bucking the trend: 5 Ways to Break From The Membership Norm
There’s a single, absolute truth of memberships, and indeed business in general: there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach.
What works like gangbusters for one membership, can end up completely flopping for another.
However it’s hard to deny that there are certain norms when it comes to memberships; conventional wisdom that extols the importance of community, retention being more important than acquisition, memberships being a value exchange and so on.
If you’ve been following us for a while then you’ve heard us bang those drums on numerous occasions.
So in this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast I wanted to talk about doing things differently – things that go against the grain, break the norms and in some cases contradict what is typically considered best practice in the membership space.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why a “one size fits all” approach is a fallacy.
- Scenarios in which it makes sense to not charge a recurring fee.
- Whether you actually need an online community, and situations where it could actually be a bad thing.
- The importance of context when it comes to how you position and run your membership.
Related articles about membership strategy:
- 5 Reasons Why I Dislike the Closed Door Membership Strategy
- Why Membership Site Owners Need to Embrace Change
- Are Your Long-Standing Members Actually Loyal to your Membership?
- Why Your Membership Website NEEDS More Than Just Content
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode