11 Bad Habits That Could Be Hurting Your Membership
Running a membership requires you to get into the routine of regularly showing up, serving your members by creating valuable content, interacting in your community, answering support queries and so on.
These day to day habits are the cornerstone of any successful membership – however when developing those positive habits it’s all too easy to also develop bad ones.
In this episode, I highlight some of the more common bad habits we see membership owners falling foul of, and give my top tips for breaking them.
- The damaging effects of becoming complacent in your approach to your membership
- Memberships are an evolution and should change over time, but not ALL change is good…
- The biggest mis-steps membership owners make when it comes to their community
- Why you shouldn’t blindly follow the advice of experts and “gurus” – and yes, that includes us!
“Recurring revenue gives you a lot of ‘cliff to walk back on’ if things start going wrong. Now that’s a fantastic thing, but the danger is that sometimes you don’t actually notice problems in your membership until it’s too late and you fall off that cliff…”
“Remember that behind every single dollar that you earn in your membership, there’s a person, a human being who has entrusted you to help solve their problems. So you need to deliver, not just sit back and count your cash.”
“If you can’t be bothered to take part in your own community, why should anybody else? Seriously, if a restaurateur won’t eat at his own restaurant, that’s going to make people thing that the food sucks, right?”
Enjoyed this episode? Check these out…
- 7 Biggest Mistakes that Growing Membership Site Owners Make
- How To Avoid Your Membership Becoming a Burden
- 11 Proven Tactics for Starting a New Membership Community
- Why Membership Site Owners Need to Embrace Change
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode