Amy Schmittauer on Building Authority through Video Marketing
In this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast I’m joined by Amy Schmittauer from Savvy Sexy Social to talk about how you can build authority by incorporating online video into your marketing strategy.
Amy has built a huge audience for her own business, with over 3 million views across the 600+ videos on her own Youtube channel, where she teaches others to effectively use video marketing in their own business.
I was really excited to speak to Amy, having followed her channel for a while as well as hearing rave reviews about her keynote presentations at events like Tropical Think Tank and – earlier this year – Social Media Marketing World in San Diego (where Callie won the coin-toss when deciding which of us would go to that session!)
Amy specializes in using video to build brand and personal authority – something which many of us as membership site owners are trying to do as we carve out our spot as the “go-to” people in our market; and that’s something which we talk about during this interview.
In this episode, Amy Schmittauer and I discuss:
- Where video marketing should fit in terms of the bigger picture of your overall strategy, and how important it is to focus
- Amy’s top tips for getting started with your first online video
- How to overcome the fear that your business or topic simply isn’t interesting enough create videos about
- Tips for improving the videos you create for your membership content
- Amy’s thoughts on the recent rise of live video and where this fits in the overall strategy
- … and a whole lot more!
Find out more…
- Savvy Sexy Social
- Amy’s Youtube Channel
- 30 Days to Better Vlogging
- Social Authority Membership
- Follow Amy Schmittauer on Twitter (and tell her how much you enjoyed this episode!)
Member Site Academy – Extra
Access your “Maximizing The Member Lifecycle“ course in the Member Site Academy.
Practical, proven strategies for improving member acquisition, onboarding, engagement and retention to attract more members who stick around for longer.
Not an Academy Member? Click here to learn more
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode