Achieving Success in a Small Niche with Shannon Rogers
Shannon Rogers from The Hand Tool School joins Callie on episode 8 of the Behind the Membership podcast.
The Hand Tool School has been up and running for 7 years now offering standalone courses (Semesters), and the recurring membership element (Apprenticeship) was added just over 12 months ago. Shannon provides a unique approach to his teaching model and makes impressive use of automation and tagging to provide a more hands on and customised approach to his members.
Shannon has a wealth of experience to share so listen in to find out:
- How he’s managed to succeed in a low-cost hobby based market by being a niche within a niche
- How his site grew from a podcast and video show to monetising with an online school
- Why he created a coaching based membership alongside his standalone courses and how he’s combined these into a cohesive learning system
- How advances in automation have helped him to scale and enable a more personal approach
- How he’s using live video and tripwire products to attract new members
- How he manages running the school alongside a full time job (and without a team!)
- Why creating content based on member needs forms the backbone of his membership
- How he completely redesigned and relaunched his site a year ago
- Why you just need to be one step ahead of the people you’re teaching
- Why fostering a strong and supportive community makes life easier
- And much more!
Connect with Shannon:
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode