5 Reasons Why I Dislike the Closed Door Membership Strategy
In many ways, launching a new membership website is one of the biggest marketing opportunities you’ll experience as a membership owner.
So it makes sense why some people may advocate for constantly closing and re-opening your membership in order to recapture that opportunity over and over again.
But it’s not quite as simple as that.
In this episode, I cut through the hype and talk about why I strongly dislike “closed door” marketing tactics and why it might not be the best thing for your membership strategy.
In this episode, I discuss:
- Situations where closing the doors to your membership actually does make sense
- The effect that constantly closing and re-opening has on your community
- How the short term boost in sales that can some from a “fake launch” is potentially damaging your long term membership success
- What happened when we tested this strategy versus an “always open” approach
Related articles about attracting new members:
- Should your membership site be evergreen or time-sensitive?
- How to Attract New Members Without Feeling Like a Sleazy Marketer
- Using Urgency to Promote an Evergreen Membership
- Using Offers and Promotions to Attract New Members
- Marketing Tactics for Attracting New Members
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode